Friday, March 13, 2009

Cat Litter????? I Don't Think So!


While I was getting ready for work this morning, I had the news on as usual. On the morning show (a national morning show at that) I was listening to they had a guest come on and give some suggestions on things you can make and do at home to save money. This particular tip was on making an exfoliant at home instead of buying an expensive sugar scrub from a retail store.
I can appreciate the idea, however not the recommended ingredient. She suggested you use your cat litter. Yes, I said cat litter. She said just to add some water to it and use it as an exfoliant for your face & body. I about fell over. I don't care how tight money may be we do not have to resort to using cat litter to exfoliate. You can find many economical brands, including a Shea Butter Sugar Scrub we carry for $8.00. However, if money is tight, and that is more than you can afford to spend, you certainly can make some at home that would work.
These are ingredients you would most likely already have in your pantry.
Take 1 part sugar to 1/2 part olive oil. Mix together. If desired, you can add extra oil. This will make a nice simple scrub that will do the job. And you did not even have to disturb the kitty.

No comments: