Sunday, April 25, 2010

Balancing it All!


I have a lot going on in my life as most of us do these days. It can be difficult to find balance between home and work. Sometimes I do better than others and most recently I lost balance and all the balls came crashing down. This was a good reminder and reality check that I need to regain some balance in my life.

I usually shift all the way to work and become a workaholic and that just does not work. My eating habits get worse and worse because I don't take the time to plan and prepare and just turn to fast food, my home becomes disorganized and chaotic because I have not taken the time to clean and take care of paperwork, etc..., my social life becomes none and so forth.

I have been working on regaining the balance yet once again. Here are some things that I find important and necessary to keep focus on regularly to maintain a healthy, happy, life:

  • Take Care of You - Drink water, eat healthy, get exercise, get adequate rest, make time for you.
  • Your Outlook - Maintain a positive outlook, don't engage in gossip (it is toxic), reconcile with your past so you can enjoy the present and the future, live, laugh, love, and learn.
  • Relationships - take time to maintain your relationships with your partner, friends, and family.
  • Take time to smell the roses - we only have one life, time goes by so quickly so stop and enjoy it.
I have not mastered this but I am working on it. I find I feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally when I keep my life in balance. I am even struggling with this today as I have work to do and orders to fill (as always) but my sister wants me to hang out with her and go get our nails done. I have been on the work mode so long it is hard to not do it but I know that it is Sunday and should be able to take the time off without feeling guilty.

So I will take time to play today and enjoy the day and the quality time with my sister. :-) What steps will you take to create balance in your life?

No comments: