Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pumpkin

Last fall I made a Pumpkin Soap. In that soap I used actual pumpkin in it. I intended for this soap to be a seasonal soap and did not plan on bringing it back until this fall however some of my customers did not agree with this plan so I finally broke down and made a fresh batch of my pumpkin soap today. Some may ask why pumpkin?

Pumpkin is actually quite good for your skin. The valuable benefits of pumpkin are the high content of vitamin A and beta carotene, two potent antioxidants provide important nutrition for the skin. Pumpkin also contains lots of anti-oxidants, vitamin C, as well as zinc and beneficial alpha-hydroxy acids.

Beyond putting it in soap you can make facial masks and scrubs with it as well.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Pumpkin is fabulous for your skin! Have you ever done anything with pumpkin seeds?

Brigette said...

I have not done anything with pumpkin seeds but I do recall a post last year on your blog where you did. I think I need to go back and check it out.