Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Monday!

The Gift Garden has now been open for 2 weeks. This has been one of the most challenging tasks of my life and at the same time very rewarding. I started making soap and other craft items several years ago. After moving from Hawaii to Oklahoma, I found myself really thinking about my career and life in general. I decided that I wanted to do things that I enjoy which include soaping, crafting, etc... I wanted to be a part of happy and special moments in people's lives. With that The Gift Garden was born. The concept has changed over the months but I think I have found my place. One of my greatest pleasures is making soap. I love the smells of the wonderful fragrances and the endless possibilities. There is so much that can be done with soaps. I do both cold process and melt-n-pour. This weekend was a productive soaping weekend. I made a batch of Mango soap as well as numerous samples of party favors that we offer. I attempted my first loaf soap with various colors in it. I like it, except I got a layer of bubbles in it that messed it up. Oh well, trial and error. Not all batches come out good. I will load pictures soon.

No comments: